Genève Global INET 2012
From Sunday 22 April 2012 at 09h00 to Tuesday 24 April 2012 at 18h00.
Register today and join us in Geneva, 22-24 April 2012, as we celebrate our first 20 years and work to shape policies to protect, preserve and expand access to the Internet for the next 20 years.
Bring your imagination!
Global INET News Internet Society is honored to announce Dr. Leonard Kleinrock as a Keynote at Global INET!
Dr. Leonard Kleinrock, a legendary figure in Internet history will present his unique perspectives on the birth of the Internet, the formative period during its early days, and its profound impact on the world today. Dr. Kleinrock’s keynote address is scheduled for Monday morning, 23 April 2012, during the Opening Session of the Global INET.
Announcing New Panelists
- Titi Akinsanmi, Researcher, Lecturer, PhD Candidate
- Alice Munyua, Chair of the 2011 United Nations Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
- Garrett S. McNamara, Entrepreneur and information security specialist
- Aida Opoku-Mensah, Director of the ICT, Science and Technology Division of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA).
- Maria Casey, Vodafone Ireland
- J?nis K?rkli?š, Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information, UNESCO
- Slim Amamou, Chief Technology Officer, ALIXSYS
- Madame Hu Qiheng, Chinese Academy of Engineering, Research Professor (retired) of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chairperson of Internet Society of China
- Paco Ragageles, President of Futura Networks and cofounder of Campus Party
Find out more about the panelists and what you may learn from them by reading through the list of biographies.
EURid, the European Registry of Internet Domain Names, manages the .eu top-level Internet domain under contract to the European Commission. We are very pleased to have EURid as a Global INET Bronze Sponsor.
Since its early years, EURid, the .eu top level domain registry manager, has been a pioneer in introducing new features for its registrars and registrants.
We are honoured to support Global INET 2012 as one of key Internet events of 2012 where industry leaders will meet and discuss the future challenges of the Internet ecosystem within a spirit of dialogue and cooperation. We will be following with extreme interest the discussions that are going to take place during INET 2012 and see how we can best translate the needs of the end users into our operational environment.
Mr. Marc Van Wesemael, EURid General Manager.
Global INET Brochures